Women With Disabilities ACT is continuing our Self Advocacy and Supported Decision-Making course with a FREE 5-week online webinar series! These courses are designed for women, non-binary, or feminine identifying people with disabilities in the ACT. This is a continuation of series one of the course – now in an online format.
This series of the course is made up of five webinars, these are:
1. Building Confidence in Self Advocacy – Thursday 18th of June, 2 – 4 pm
2. Telling Others About My Decisions – Thursday 25th of June, 6 – 8 pm
3. Areas I May Need to Advocate in – Thursday 2nd of July, 6 – 8 pm
4. Getting Help with Advocacy and Support Within the ACT – Thursday 9th of July, 6 – 8 pm
5. Self Advocacy and Supported Decision Making: A Crash Course – Thursday 16th of July, 6 – 8 pm
At the completion of this course, you will be empowered to find supporters, make your own decisions, and tell people about the decisions you make. It is recommended that participants try to attend all sessions as you will receive a certificate upon completion of two or more sessions!
Attendees can opt to receive a workbook packet to accompany the course, sign up here: https://tiny.cc/WWDACT. You may also email email@example.com or call 0481 825 093 to request more information.
This webinar series will be conducted as live weekly sessions through Zoom. The full event will be captioned and there will be a transcript available afterward. You are also welcome to bring a support person to attend with you!
This project has been generously funded through the NDIS Information, Linkages and Capacity Individual Capacity Building grants
Resources and materials from the workshops will be mailed out if you provide your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. WWDACT is working on a members-only website to provide the materials online to our members.